Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks

In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday I decided to share some of the people I am thankful for and a few things I admire about them.
Jared-He has so much patience. He he a great example to me of being patient in all things. Although there have been MANY times when I have deserved a good yell, he is always so soft spoken and loving. Even with the kids he is always gentle and kind. He would do/give anything for me. He treats me like I am his queen.
Morgan-She is such a sweet girl. She always tries to be the little mother, not only to David, but to me, Jared, and all of her little friends. She is such a good helper, always trying to help me with dishes, changing diapers, and picking up her books and toys. She is very obedient. It doesn't take much to make her happy.
David-He is so tender hearted. He has so much love for everyone. All you have to do is look at him and he will give you a great big smile. His smile can turn your whole day around. Although he is ALWAYS on the go, he loves a good cuddle. He will cuddle with ANYONE. He loves to push his limits. He'll wait until he knows your watching before he does something he knows he's not suppose to do.
Dad-My Dad is one of the greatest guys I know. He has so much strength in the gospel. He has always been faithful at having family scripture study, prayer and FHE. Although most of his kids give him a hard time, I think he is very wise. He has taught me How to live and love the gospel, How to live a healthy life, the importance of laughter and much more.
Mom-She is so giving. She would give anything for any of her children. She loves her grand kids so much. She would sit on the floor for hours reading the kids stories and playing toys and puzzles with them. She loves spending time with her family. She has sacrificed so much over the years and has taught me so much. She really is my hero.
Jason-He is such a great man. He has so much love and respect for his wife. He truly treats her like a queen. He has never said anything bad about her, he only builds her up, and not just her but all the women in his life.
Jennifer-She is a great good mother. She can make any room look cute and cozy. Somehow even with two crazy boys she manages to always keep her house immaculate.
Heather-She would do anything for anyone. She is very shy but will go out of her comfort zone to make someone else feel welcome and comfortable. She is sensitive to the needs of others. She has so much patience for her children and is a wonderful mother. She is very creative, and can make something out of nothing.
Scott-He can make anything with wood. He is always working on new projects and helping others with all of their projects. He is very smart, and is always reading something.
Troy-He has always been the peacemaker of the family. We always joke that he is going to be the prophet someday. He has so much goodness about him. He is very kind. He has the most contagious laugh. He will tell a really stupid joke that nobody thinks is funny except himself, but have us all laughing just because he is laughing.
Brett-

He is very smart. He does really well in school, without even trying very hard, it just comes naturally. He always has something intelligent to say. He is shy in a confident sort of way. He is a friend to everyone. He has a certain charisma about him that draws people in.
Cody-He has always been a good example of living righteously, not just to me, but to all of his friends. He has never compromised his standards. He is now serving a mission which is a huge sacrifice and service. He is always easy to be around. He has a quiet goodness about him.
Jesse-He is so awesome :) He is such a hard worker, he loves to get down and dirty. But he is also loving and sweet. He is good company and very good with kids. He is so much fun to be around, he is sarcastic in a fun way. He will sometimes, out of the blue, call or text me just to see how I am doing.
Brittany-She is so giving. She has dealt with a lot being the baby of eight. She has sacrificed many outings to stay home and watch her nieces and nephews so the "couples" could go out, but she never complains. She has always been there for me when I needed someone to talk to, and can always make me laugh.
Lance-He is a hard worker. He is always quick with a joke and can make anyone laugh. He can sleep anywhere. He has taught his children the value of work and the importance of a good education.
Darlene-She is always concerned about the comfort and well-being of her children. She is wonderful cook and is always looking for ways to improve, it's not just about what the food taste's like, it has to look nice too. She is very committed to her husband and goes above and beyond to make sure he's well taken care of.

Sharese, Travis, Josh, Devin, Julie, Jeremy, Dallin, Ashley, Whitney and Natalie-I look up to each and every one of them. They are all good examples to me in their own ways. I am so grateful that I am blessed to have them in my life and be apart of their family.
I am very blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, that help me learn and grow, and help me to be better.

6 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

...and I am thankful for you, for telling me about my blog not updating, dang computer:). Thanks.

Heather and Scott said...

Wow what a sweet sister I have. I am thankful for you Kayla for putting up with me as the meaning old sister. I am thankful for you because you help me how to look and dress cooler and you are so patient with you kids. You are a good mother and you care about others. Thanks for all you do. I love you!

Jill said...

Maybe your pregnant! I think I'm just sick, but I love your enthusiasm.

Miriam said...

KAYLA! Your the sweetest girl ever!! I love you, and I also love all the last posts I've missed!! CUUUUTTTEEEE Halloween, you guys looked great!! And I love Morgans room, awesome Job!! Your amazing!

Reese said...

Thanks for mentioning the Stoker clan....we will pay you later:) Hope you are enjoying the holidays, we are bummed that we aren't going to be there this year.

Peggy said...

That was the nicest post ever! But you forgot me. What about ME? Aren't you thankful for ME, too??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

jk

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.