Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Latest Happenings

Wow these past couple of weeks have flown by. I don't know if it's spring fever or "nesting" instincts but I have had this itch to get things De-cluttered, cleaned, organized, and improved. Just to give you an idea of what we have been up to. . . .
I was trying to find a crib set that would match Morgan's comforter, because they are going to be sharing a room. I looked and looked and didn't find anything that I really liked or was a close enough match. So I decided I would make my own. I bought the fabric and made the crib comforter and the skirt. It wasn't until I was done that I realized they didn't match at all. The pink and brown were both VERY off. So I made one for Morgan's bed too.


I haven't set the crib up yet so don't have a picture of the whole thing. The bumper and diaper stacker are still a work in progress though.

Then I made some sheets and curtains for David's room (sorry I don't have pictures of that).

I've cleaned out every closet in the house along with the kids toy chests, the laundry room, cupboards etc...

I took out about half of the kids toys that never get played with, they just somehow end up all over the floor, and moved David in with the toys. Now I have a craft/office room.

Jared has been working on a big project in our front yard. He is not near being done but here's what we have so far, It went from this. . . .


To this. . . .


When he is finished getting all the brick up and the dirt in place, then we have to plant grass and flowers, YAY!!

We made me a garden, which I planted on Saturday. My first garden hopefully it will turn out. I planted beans, peas, tomatoes, and peppers. If anyone has some helpful hints I would love to hear them.

We put in a sandbox for the kids. . .
I painted all my kitchen cupboards white, they were all an ugly yellowish off-white, and the trim above the cupboards I painted red.

And I rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned all the carpet in my house and re-arranged the furniture!

And somehow there is still LOTS more I need/want to get done before this baby arrives.

6 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

Wow you have done a lot! It looks so cute! I need to take some lessons from you. How long until the baby is due?

Ruth and Steve said...

You should put your feet up and watch a chick-flick to relax. You deserve it!

Lydja said...

Smokes, Girl. Great job! Give yourself a pat on the back!

Peggy said...

Wow. You make me tired just reading about all you've accomplished. Your house is so cute. Advice for the garden: plant beets. They are so yummy in smoothies. Yes, in fruit smoothies. Pick them, wash them, peel them like a raw potato, and put 1/2 a beet in the blender with the fruit. It gives the smoothie a beautiful color and tricks your mind into thinking you are drinking berries. Course, I put berries in there, too, but not as many with the yummy raw beet.

Reese said...

Good job!! You are putting me to shame. Can't wait to see some more pictures!

Miriam said...

CUTE and CUTE! That's so fun! I love creating things...but most of the time I must admit, they turn out nothing as cute as yours!! Great job!!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.