Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sunshine!

The past two days have been beautiful weather. Today we enjoyed 75 degrees and blue skies. We spent the afternoon at the beach, and enjoy some much needed sunlight and fresh air. Morgan was having a good time throwing rocks in the ocean. She loves being by the water. David was enjoying eating the sand and putting his toes in the water.

We have been trapped inside for so long, so the first sign of sunshine we put on our shorts and sunscreen, and took advantage of it.

We had a BBQ this evening with my cousin and his family. Its nice to have some family close by, we went over a year without any family what-so-ever, and now we are so happy that we have someone to share special occasions with!!!

Yesterday, the kids were playing in the car while I was vacuuming it out. Morgan was sitting next to David, she was looking at one of Jared's scouting pamplets, she came across a picture of Jesus. She looked at David and with so much innocence and love said "David, Jesus loves you." It was so precious it almost made me cry. I guess we don't realize how influencial our little kids are.

We have been trying to sell my car, so we can upgrade to a mini-van! So of course as soon as we put the car on the market the check engine light comes on. Jared was checking it out today and found that a mouse had chewed a hole is a hose. Its a miner repair but is quite frustrating. Hopefully we can get that fixed and sell the car ASAP!

Next week my mom is coming out to watch the kids, and Jared and I are taking a little vacation. We are going to Ocean shores. It is about three hours from our house. We are looking forward to a little time away, and a break from nutty guys. We Are going to be very busy when we get back setting up 50 new stores. Oh the joys of nutty guys!!!

3 comments:

Reese said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Please send some of that warm weather out this way....Jared-sorry the phone has not made it there yet, things have been a bit busy here! I will try to get it to you soon.

Ashley said...

75 degrees!!! that is not fair I miss you guys I am excited to see you when you come out and I know morgan is going through withdrawls cause she can't see me but it will be ok!

Peggy said...

Hey Kayla, I love your blog. I hope you don't mind that I added your link to my blog. (ol-sonsanddaughters.blogspot.com)
Check it out. It has links to all of my kids' blogs.
Looks like you are keeping busy with your little family. I am in Chicago right now with Evan, Chelsea and little Emmy who was born 3 weeks ago. She's a cutie pie.
Love,
Aunt Peggy

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.