Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bear Lake Half Marathon

 Friday night, Me, Brittany, Jesse and Brooke (Jesse's girlfriend) drove up to Bear Lake. We camped at a KOA. We stopped at a local pizza joint for our carb overload, then went back to our camp and roasted s'mores. It was super windy that night combined with nerves, needless to say we didn't sleep much that night.



 Saturday morning we got up at six so we could catch the shuttle at 6:45 and the race started around 7:30 My goal during the race was to not walk at all, and I am pleased to announce that I accomplished my goal!! The run was not to bad, except the last 2 miles they were pretty brutal, but I made it out alive. I finished 12th in my age division and 120th overall out of about 500, not to shabby. I am now pleased to say that I have finally reached my goal of completing a half marathon, and it feels great!!!





Our Cheerleaders/photographers

After the race we took off our shoes and we thought it was funny that neither of us had on matching socks.

After the race I was so tired that everything was funny. Brittany and I laughed to so hard about everything for the next hour or so. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. All in all it was a great experience and a lot of fun!!!


A special thanks goes to Brittany, I never would have made it if I didn't have such an awesome running buddy!

No comments:

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.